Every day, we find new ways of using technology to our advantage. Whatever topic you can think of can have its own app, and they’re all working towards making our lives easier and more efficient. Because health is an integral part of our lives, health and fitness apps exist wherever you look. According to Statista, 42% of US adults measure their fitness and health improvements using technology and apps.
A lot of these apps don’t really have much to say, but here we’re going to talk about the 5 best fitness app designs that both catch the eye, and help us improve our lives. The real question is, what makes these health and fitness apps so great? Well, in this article, we talk about the perks and options that come with each of these fitness app ideas.
It’s true that health and fitness apps pop up left and right, but what makes MyFitnessPal special?
- It’s easy to use: MyFitnessPal helps you manage your weight with convenience and on the go. You can log any food you eat during the day with its database of over 3 million kinds of food, and even add your own. Tracking your exercise is also made simple with its personalized options.
- It has digital calorie diaries: Based on this study, using a tracking system where you monitor your fitness goals and receive feedback is very effective for losing weight and improving health. MyFitnessPal gives you feedback that is specifically for you and has many customizable options besides that, as well.
If you’re trying to find ideas on how to make your own fitness app, then Aaptiv is an example of an app done right. It was created in 2016, and it has over 200,000 members today. But why is Aaptiv one of the best health and fitness apps?
- Variety: Aaptiv has diverse workout plans for each muscle group in your body, and you can use them depending on how to fit you already are. All these workout plans are led by a professional trainer, too.
- Accessibility: You also get to personalize this fitness mobile app design to fit your needs perfectly. There’s a community of like-minded people available as well, where you can exchange ideas and tips.
“During the first quarter of 2020, health and fitness apps were downloaded 593 million times.” – Statista
Glo is one of the greatest health and fitness apps that specializes in yoga courses that are as good as real-life classes. Some of its best features are:
- Fitting to your level: It doesn’t matter if you‘re a beginner; Glo has yoga and meditation courses for both newbies and advanced students.
- It’s multipurpose: What’s your purpose for doing yoga? Is it to improve your sleeping patterns, building strength, or lowering your stress levels? Well, Glo has a course for every plan, helping you “feel better in body and mind”.
With over one million downloads on Google Play Store, Nike Run Club is one of the best fitness app designs out there. Why is that?
- It’s got guided audio-based runs: This feature helps the user speed up or slow down whenever necessary, as well as motivating them while running. There’s a large selection of them, too.
- It’s exciting: Something that keeps us coming back to an app is its great variety and the fact that it doesn’t get boring. NRC takes running to another level by being flexible and constantly keeping it interesting and effective.
“In 2019, there were 68.7 million smartphone owners in the US who used at least one health or fitness app. In 2022, this number will rise to 86.3 million users.” – Statista
Sworkit is a digital workout platform that is for everyone- children and adults alike.
- Clear goals: Before starting your plan, you choose your goals- do you want to get stronger, lose weight or just get fit? There are options for customization, but you can also benefit from its pre-planned workouts.
- Guided video workouts: This is a valuable option for a beginner because you know when you’re making mistakes, and you’ll learn to improve your workout plans as you go.
How to make your own health and fitness Apps?
The one feature that we can find in all of these health and fitness apps is the option of personalization. The demand for these apps is on the rise, but to develop a fitness app that stands out among many, you need to first know your market, and craft something that fits anyone in that market.
This is what 6thSolution does best- we hear your needs and respond to them by building a fitness app that is unique to you and your audience.
For a free consultation, you can contact us here.